Spring Break is here and that is when parents start looking ahead to summer. Planning and registering for camps is a full time job! Instead, let TLC for Kids help you find great childcare this summer.
TLC can help you with all your summer childcare needs. We have fun and experienced nannies ready to make this summer a great one for everyone. Whether you are looking for full-time or part-time childcare, hiring a nanny is the best option for families.
Hiring a summer nanny from TLC is like having your very own camp counselor! Summer nannies will schedule fun parent approved outings for the kids like going to the amusement park, swimming, museum, bowling, play groups, the zoo and more.
Visit our website to learn more about TLC’s summer nannies. You can also fill out the parent application on line to get your search started.
Staying home for Spring Break? There are plenty of ways you can have loads of fun for little to no cost. Don’t forget – book your TLC Spring Break Sitter today!
- Create a Scavenger Hunt. Fun for any age. Make a list of items to find around the house – think outside the box – and each find has a clue to the next. The prize? How about a Make-Your-Own-Sundae party!
- Take your Scavenger Hunt into the community. Head to a local museum or zoo. Hit up the gift shop first, or do a little planning online and find photographs of exhibits or animals and have them ready for your scavenger hunt.
- Bring the beach indoors. Let the kids wear their swimsuits in the tub. Bring along your beach towels, favorite tunes, sunscreen and shades.
- How about Community Service? Find a local shelter, food bank or charity that you can volunteer for the day. Or check your local animal shelter to volunteer with the animals. We’ve heard reading to the animals has a wonderful effect on them.
- Go hike a new trail and bring along a picnic. Take photos and make a memory book, or grab some rocks and paint them when you get home.
- Create a restaurant at home. We saw this idea on Regarding Nannies and can’t wait to try this with our kids.
- Make your own movie. With today’s smart phone you can record and put together your own Academy Award worthy short featuring the kids and even the family pet. Everyone has a part – and don’t forget the director, sound effects, costumes, makeup and special effects! Have fun, then host a screening of your film with popcorn for everyone to enjoy.
- Rock the runway with your own Fashion Show. Pull out that dress you no longer wear, or dad’s old shirt and tie and strut your stuff down the runway. Invite your friends over and make it a day everyone will enjoy.
- Declare it a tech-free day and visit the bookstore or the library. Everyone grab a new book, then head to the park or beach and read. Bring along a picnic and games and everyone will forget about their phones / tablets for a while.
- Do a little Spring cleaning. Have the kids go through toys they no longer play with and donate to a local shelter. Toss broken toys. Go through clothes they’ve outgrown and donate.
TLC For Kids, Inc. has been St. Louis’ premier nanny and babysitting agency for over 30 years. TLC For Kids’ dedicated staff is ready to assist you in finding nannies, tutors, newborn care specialists, sitters and more. Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-725-5660
Spring Break is a fun, and busy, time of the year! Whether you are going out of town for a warm getaway, or having a stay-cation here in St. Louis, TLC for Kids can help you with your Spring Break needs.
Lots of families go on vacations for Spring Break. But not every vacation is inviting for your four-legged friends. Instead of taking your family pet to a pet daycare, have a sitter come to your home. Your pet will receive the same attention as if you were home with them. And a TLC sitter can do more than just watch your pet. They can also stay at your house to keep everything safe and allow you to enjoy your vacation without worrying.
Did you know TLC sitters are available to travel with your family on vacation? Families often fill their vacation schedules with activities for the kids. But TLC for Kids recognizes parents need a vacation for themselves, too. Bringing a TLC sitter or nanny a long gives parents the flexibility to see places they are interested in, have quiet meals at adult places, and know their kids are being cared for by someone they trust and their kids are comfortable with (remember you can request your favorite sitters anytime you need a TLC nanny).
If your kids are out of school for the week, but you still have to work, don’t worry! With TLC for Kids, you can hire a nanny for the entire week. Our sitters can come to your home with activities to keep the kids entertained while they are away from school. TLC sitters also have reliable and insured forms of transportation, so the nanny can take your kids to places around the city or to and from their practices/school events.
Call TLC’s office to book your sitter today (314) 725-5660.
Finding childcare can be hard for families. In a recent survey of Parents readers who use child care, 84 percent said that finding affordable, quality care is either a challenge, very hard, or impossible. It doesn’t have to be! TLC for Kids had been helping families find quality childcare for over 30 years.
Our clients have shared with us that they appreciate our service and love the nannies we represent. One client said after hiring his TLC nanny that for the first time he left home not worried about his baby. Another family said things are going great and the nanny and boys are quickly developing a relationship.
Clients say the same thing about their babysitters. TLC sitters arrive on time and are ready to work. One of new members recently said, “She arrived as early as she could to help me be sure we had everything covered—in spite of horrendous traffic and short notice for my request. We enjoyed her as did the kids. I am sure we will be calling TLC again!?”
Call TLC at 314-725-5660 to learn more about how our personal service can help you hire professional nannies and babysitters. Or, visit our website tlcforkids.com.
Last week, GTM Payroll Services “laid out the consequences for intentionally avoiding nanny taxes and getting caught. But what about families who want to do it right but make a mistake and find themselves in trouble? Getting nanny taxes right can be confusing and time-consuming especially if you’re trying to do it yourself.
Here are four easy nanny tax missteps with tax, wage, and labor laws even when you’re trying to the right thing.”
Trust the experts when it comes to Nanny Taxes and Payroll. GTM Payroll Services has been a trusted partner of TLC for over 20 years. You can avoid the stress and worry, but trusting the experts in Household Employment and Taxes.
“Not paying your nanny taxes may seem like an easy way to save some money and not have to deal with the hassles of calculating and remitting taxes. Plus, if you don’t pay nanny taxes, how is anyone going to find out? Your nanny is on board as she gets a few extra dollars in her paycheck. You’re not running for political office or being nominated for a position in government. And those are only the people who get caught not paying nanny taxes, right?
There are a number of ways to easily get caught if you don’t pay nanny taxes. Most will end up with you paying much more in fines and penalties than in the actual tax responsibility you chose to ignore.”
Our friends at GTM Payroll Services have laid it all our for you, and what can happen if you avoid Nanny Taxes.
TLC for Kids extensive recruiting and screening process is always in motion and we always have a pool of qualified, experienced nannies. Our expert placement counselors will work with you to understand what is uniquely important to your family. This ensures that we only present you with candidates who meet YOUR desired qualifications and allows you to focus your attention on choosing that special nanny who will make a positive impact on your children and your family.
TLC only represents experienced caregivers with verifiable, good references who are warm, sensitive and alert to the needs of children. Our extensive application and interview process allows TLC and parents to carefully view the caregivers’ child care experience, education and work history, personal lifestyle and child care philosophy. Our child care questionnaires and oral interview questions help us to assess the caregiver’s knowledge of early childhood development and their ability to make decisions concerning the safety of their charges.
With TLC your nanny search can be limited to only those candidates who meet your qualifications. We look forward to helping families find the nanny that will be just the right fit for their family. Contact us today at 314-725-5660.
Our Guest post today comes from Elizabeth Pantley, The No-Cry Solution
“Trying to drive while your little one screams bloody murder is challenging to say the least. Even though it’s difficult to deal with, you must remember that you and your baby’s safety come first. No matter how tempting it may be, never take a crying baby out of the car seat. It’s extremely dangerous and counterproductive, making it even more difficult for your child to get used to riding in her car seat. Making poor driving decisions when your baby is wailing puts everyone in the car at risk. Either pull the car over and calm your baby down, or focus on getting safely from point A to point B—don’t try to do both.”
“The good news is that a few new ideas, a little time and maturity will help your baby become a happy traveler. Any one (or more) of the following strategies may help solve your car seat dilemma. If the first one you try fails, choose another one, then another; eventually, you’ll hit upon the right solution for your baby.”
Need childcare? Have you thought about hiring a full-time or part-time nanny? St. Louis families have been using TLC for Kids to help them find nannies for over thirty years and so should you!
We’ve put together a list of reasons why you should use a nanny agency to conduct your nanny search.
1. A nanny agency only sends you vetted nannies. The agency does extensive screening and personally interviews the candidates. This makes the process much safer for your and your family.
2. Using a nanny agency makes the process more personal. A placement counselor will get to know you and find out what is uniquely important to your family and will send you candidates that fit your pre-determined qualifications.
3. A nanny agency gives you a manageable number of candidates. Fewer is better so that parents are not overwhelmed by a sea of possibilities.
4. Using a nanny agency saves you a lot of time and energy sifting through sometimes hundreds of candidates.
5. When using a nanny agency you will work with a placement counselor who will step you through the whole process of interviewing and negotiating employment agreements; will provide payroll and tax direction; and will be a helpful resource throughout the period of the nanny’s employment.
6. Families who want the best nannies use agencies because the highest quality nannies work exclusively with nanny agencies. They do not want to call strangers from a blind posting. Agencies offer them a safe, professional representation.
To learn more TLC for Kids visit our website or call Debbie at 314-725-5660.
TLC For Kids, Inc. has been St. Louis’ premier nanny and babysitting agency for over 30 years. TLC For Kids’ dedicated staff is ready to assist you in finding nannies, tutors, newborn care specialists, sitters and more. Reach us at email@example.com or 314-725-5660.
Need an idea for quick and simple motor skill play? Great here is a simple one- make a line!
We just put a long line on the floor with masking tape. Can be on carpet or hardwood (but check in a spot first that the tape doesn’t ruin hardwood in your home)
Then we hop on the line, hop over the line, skip on the line, dance on the line – you get the point. This is a great way to work on language skills as well as you can talk about over, on top of, as well as action words like crawling, skipping, hopping, tip toeing…..