Looking for in-home tutors?
If you are concerned about your child’s grades or feel like a little extra help will be beneficial give us a call. TLC Family Care has experienced tutors. Our tutors, like our sitters, have gone through our thorough screening. TLC tutors will come to you virtually, and provide one-on-one instructional help.
e-learning Aides for Elementary and Middle School students
Our e-Learning Aides (ELA) at TLC offer homework help, project support, and scheduling assistance to help elementary and middle school children succeed with their homeschool workload. Your ELA will help your student by teaching them organizational skills, implementing routines, building structure, and boosting productivity so that tasks are completed, and assignments are turned in on time.There is an hour minimum, but time does not need to be consecutive- that is up to you! It typically takes 1-2 sessions of working together to get a rhythm. Please give your ELA guidance, insight, and any suggestions you have about your child’s learning style in to find the best way to keep them engaged.
Tutor Services for advanced Middle School Courses and High School Students
For students that require more targeted guidance in algebra, geometry, science, and more TLC is honored to have partnered with a superior tutoring organization, Varsity Tutors. Utilizing highly skilled tutors and the latest technology, Varsity Tutors can provide their services in person or via a cellphone app or desktop program. Their leading-edge technology and knowledgeable tutors combine to bring your student the help they need, when and where they need it.
Get started now by contacting them at (855) 454-1072.
To assist with the current crisis, TLC is temporarily offering FREE MEMBERSHIP and DISCOUNTED AGENCY FEES to all Medical Professionals and First Responders. We know you cannot work at home and want to help you ensure you have solid care arrangements for your loved ones. Call TLC at 314.725.5660 to learn more and get started.
TLC For Kids, Inc. has been St. Louis’ premier nanny and babysitting agency for over 30 years. TLC For Kids’ dedicated staff is ready to assist you in finding nannies, tutors, newborn care specialists, sitters and more in Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Ft. Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Miami, Orlando, Palm Beach, Sarasota, St. Louis, Tampa and more!. Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-725-5660.
During the summer months, many kids go to baseball, basketball, volleyball, swimming and dance camp. We instill values of practice makes perfect, but what about their academics? Luckily, there are lots of tips and tricks to make learning as fun as attending a summer camp with their friends.
Strengthening math skills:
• Let your children help in the kitchen. Allowing your children to join you in the cooking process teaches them how to read the recipe and measure the ingredients. Recipes also expose your children to fractions, which kids typically have problems understanding.
• Play board games and have your child be the scorekeeper. Games like Yahtzee and Monopoly are good games to help strengthen your child’s math skills because each includes lots of adding, and Monopoly gives your child the chance to learn more about money.
• Grab a stopwatch or a stopwatch app. Children love to play with stopwatches, and giving them one opens up lots of learning opportunities. One way they can use the stopwatch is by timing how long it takes their bike to ride down the street or around the block. Then they can keep track of how fast they go and chart the difference in their time the more they practice. This strengthens number recognition, telling time, and subtraction skills.
Strengthening reading skills:
• Visit your local library. St. Louis City and County Libraries offer reading incentive programs for kids of all ages. If getting your child to read has previously been a struggle, this is a good way to get them excited about reading because their friends will be reaping the benefits of the program (like free Cardinal tickets).
• Write letters. Do you have a grandparent, cousin, or friend that lives out of town? Have your children write letters to them. This activity will not only teach your kids how to maintain relationships, but also strengthen their reading and written communication skills.
TLC for Kids also offers tutoring. All of TLC’s tutors have degrees in education. To book a TLC tutor today, call (314) 725-5660.