Posts Tagged ‘St. Louis pet sitters’
TLC Can Help With All Your Summer Needs
Ever heard the saying, “it takes a village to raise a child?” With the kids out of school and home all day, it is normal to need extra help. Luckily, you don’t have to stress; TLC for Kids has childcare providers for every occasion.
1. Summer Nannies: Do you need some extra help this summer? TLC has summer nannies that can work almost any schedule. Our nannies are energetic, fun and have experience working with kids of all ages.
2. Tutor: During the summer, it is easy for kids to lose some of the information they learned during the school year. Schedules get filled with t-ball practice, play dates, and swimming lessons. But it is important to review math facts, spelling words, and read during the summer months, so your child returns to school prepared to learn. At TLC for Kids, you can find a sitter with a degree in education to assist you in meeting your child’s educational needs.
3. Chauffeur: Camps, swimming/piano/pitching lessons, practices and recitals happen all throughout the summer. However, it can be hard to make it on time to all of these events—especially if you work full time or have more than one child participating (or maybe you are sick). To take stress off yourself, and remain punctual, TLC offers sitters with reliable and insured forms of transportation to take your child to and from events.
4. Household Helper: Not only does TLC provide families with CPR certified, background checked sitters, their nannies are also able to help with household duties. When the kids are home from school all day, the house gets messier quicker than normal. You can hire a TLC sitter to help you with laundry, light household cleaning, dishes, grocery shopping, and organizing.
5. Pet and House Sitter: Lots of families go on vacations during the summer. But not every vacation is inviting for your furry friends. Instead of taking your family pet to a pet daycare, have a sitter come to your home. Your pet will receive the same attention as if you were home with them. Summer is also the time of year when robberies and break-ins rise, so having a TLC sitter stay at your house will keep your home safe and allow you to enjoy your vacation without worrying.
6. Party Helper: Summer is the best time of year for barbeques, birthday parties, and more. But taking care of the cooking, cleaning, and watching after the kids can be a little hectic. Fortunately, TLC offers party helpers to meet your event hosting needs. TLC has party helpers that have doubled as servers, bartenders, cooks, and sitters that have brought activities for the kids at the party while the parents enjoyed themselves. If you are hosting a large gathering, don’t worry; you can hire as many TLC sitters as you need.
Call TLC’s office or visit the website to book your sitter today.
To assist with the current crisis, TLC is temporarily offering FREE MEMBERSHIP and DISCOUNTED AGENCY FEES to all Medical Professionals and First Responders. We know you cannot work at home and want to help you ensure you have solid care arrangements for your loved ones. Call TLC at 314.725.5660 to learn more and get started.
TLC For Kids, Inc. has been St. Louis’ premier nanny and babysitting agency for over 30 years. TLC For Kids’ dedicated staff is ready to assist you in finding nannies, tutors, newborn care specialists, sitters and more in Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Ft. Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Miami, Orlando, Palm Beach, Sarasota, St. Louis, Tampa and more!. Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-725-5660.
Turn Off that TV and Get to Know Your Kids Again
There are many families that seem to be fixated on the television. While this fixation may not be active on the part of the parents, it may seem for them to be almost easier letting their children watch television than figuring out how to connect with them. Sometimes, parents may even try to connect with their children through watching a television show with the child. Still, the most effective ways in which a parent can reconnect with their child or children is by first making the point to turn the TV off.
One of the simplest ways to enjoy family time together is to try having dinner together. Some families prefer to have dinner together every night of the week, while others strive for just two or three nighttime meals together. Again, the important thing here will be to make sure that the television is not on during these meals. While eating, it is important not to sit in silence. It is very likely that almost all parents and their children will find this uncomfortable. Instead, try to talk about each other’s days. Parents can share with their children things such as when they plan to go grocery shopping, and they can also ask their children what lunch meats or snacks they would prefer to have for the upcoming week or so. Children can be encouraged to share what they enjoyed most about their days and what they learned throughout their day. Remember – keep the television off!
Board games are also a great way to connect with one’s children. Not only do board games help parents to see their children in action, it also showcases the child’s nature or personality. Are they strategic? Are they ruthless? Are they competitive? Are they just in it for the fun of the game? These are all great questions that will give parents insight into their children and their behaviors. A board game is inexpensive for the most part and families can come together once or twice a week for a bonding experience. This is also particularly interesting for families that choose to play games that require the family to team up and bond in that specific manner. However, it will be important to try to shy away from board games that utilize the television, since this may lead back to the familiar or easier television watching days. Pictionary, Charades, Guesstures, Chess and Trouble are all great games. There are many games at stores that families can consider as well.
If time allows on the weekends or on nice, mild weathered days, parks and playgrounds can be considered. Parks are often fun whether children are small enough to enjoy the swings and see-saws, or whether the family wants to spend time walking around, perhaps playing with the family dog. It also helps the family to get some exercise together, which is always nice! While the television is great for getting news and staying up to date on current events outside the home, it often does not allow for much bonding or quality time within the home. By simply turning off the television, parents can take a proactive step towards getting to know their children again and spending quality time with them. It will also be important for families to look at their own individual situations when considering activities. Active families may find more outdoor activities or sports to take part in while more secluded families prefer to stay in and play board games. If one idea is not working for your family, feel free to try another until you become more comfortable as a whole!
TLC For Kids, Inc. has been St. Louis’ premier nanny and babysitting agency for over 30 years. TLC For Kids’ dedicated staff is ready to assist you in finding nannies, tutors, newborn care specialists, sitters and more. We serve St. Louis, Atlanta and Florida. Reach us at email@example.com or 314-725-5660
Pet Sitting Services
Did you know TLC for Kids also offers pet sitting?
Lots of families go on vacation during the summer, but not every vacation is inviting for your furry friends. Instead of taking your family pet to a pet daycare, you can have a TLC sitter come to your home.
Just like our sitters provide tender, loving care for your children, they provide the same caliber of care for your pets. Then, you don’t have to feel guilty about enjoying a vacation while your dog, cat, or any other animal is at home without you.
When hiring a TLC pet sitter, there are a few different options.
Some of our families hire an live-in pet sitter. In this situation, a TLC caregiver will stay at the family’s home, playing, feeding, and watching their pet while the family is away. The TLC caregiver makes sure she is not gone for long periods of time, and your pet receives the same type of attention as if you were home.
Another option some of our families prefer is having a pet sitter come morning and night to feed and let out your pet. Or if you have an animal that doesn’t need daily attention, an appropriate schedule can be set up between you and the TLC caregiver. For example, some of our families that have cats hire a pet sitter to come once a day or every other day to feed and clean up after their cats.
Hiring a pet sitter not only keeps your furry friend happy, but it also helps protect your home. Summer is often the prime time for break-ins, so having a sitter come to your house a few times a day or a week makes it less obvious you are gone.
TLC’s pet sitting service is flexible and ready to work with your family to meet your family’s needs. Pay varies between jobs.
Call TLC for Kids St. Louis at 314-725-5660 or TLC for Kids Miami at 305-256-5905 to book your pet sitter today.
House and Pet Sitters
Are you traveling this summer and need someone to watch your pets?
TLC For Kids‘ screened and background checked nannies also do house and pet sitting.
Our house and pet sitting service offers you a variety of options. If you need someone to pick up the mail, bring in the papers and feed the fish once a day we can help. Or, if you need someone to live full time in your house, be a companion for your dog, and water the plants call us.
Our service is safe, convenient, and confidential. Our agency is bonded and insured and you can trust our sitters in your home.
Your home and your pets are in capable hands, so you can kick back, relax, and enjoy your time away from home.
If you are