Easter is right around the corner. We found these quick, easy and entertaining activities you can do with the kids, guaranteed fun for all.
Easter Bunny Bread – now who wouldn’t want to sit down to a wonderful meal and enjoy bunny shaped bread, made by the kids!
Marshmallow Peeps Cupcakes – Are you a fan of Peeps? These cupcakes will be a crowd pleaser.
Check out our Pinterest Board full of Easter ideas!
And there’s still time to make that Easter Basket! Our favorite …. you can never go wrong with books and candy!
When Spring Break hits parents start thinking about summer and summer childcare.
TLC for Kids can help you with your summer childcare needs. We have wonderful nannies that are interested in securing work for the summer. Hiring a nanny is the best option for St. Louis families’, whether you are looking for full-time or part-time childcare.
Hiring a summer nanny from TLC is like having your very own camp counselor! Summer nannies will schedule fun parent approved outings for the kids like going to the amusement park, swimming, museum, bowling, play groups, the zoo and more. TLC summer nannies will also do tutoring over the summer so that your kids are on track for their upcoming school year.
Since we have so many nannies available, we are able to offer our registered clients substantial savings on a summer placement. Give me a call to discuss discounts for full-time, part-time, and long term temp (up to two months) placements.
Click on our summer nanny parent application to start your search. You can save $100 if you start your search by March 31st. If you have any questions please give us a call.
And don’t forget we have great babysitters available for weekends, days, and evenings too.
Already have a summer nanny? For each referral you send us you will earn credits toward upcoming TLC services.
Spring Break is here and that is when parents start looking ahead to summer. Planning and registering for camps is a full time job! Instead, let TLC for Kids help you find great childcare this summer.
TLC can help you with all your summer childcare needs. We have fun and experienced nannies ready to make this summer a great one for everyone. Whether you are looking for full-time or part-time childcare, hiring a nanny is the best option for families.
Hiring a summer nanny from TLC is like having your very own camp counselor! Summer nannies will schedule fun parent approved outings for the kids like going to the amusement park, swimming, museum, bowling, play groups, the zoo and more.
Visit our website to learn more about TLC’s summer nannies. You can also fill out the parent application on line to get your search started.
Staying home for Spring Break? There are plenty of ways you can have loads of fun for little to no cost. Don’t forget – book your TLC Spring Break Sitter today!
- Create a Scavenger Hunt. Fun for any age. Make a list of items to find around the house – think outside the box – and each find has a clue to the next. The prize? How about a Make-Your-Own-Sundae party!
- Take your Scavenger Hunt into the community. Head to a local museum or zoo. Hit up the gift shop first, or do a little planning online and find photographs of exhibits or animals and have them ready for your scavenger hunt.
- Bring the beach indoors. Let the kids wear their swimsuits in the tub. Bring along your beach towels, favorite tunes, sunscreen and shades.
- How about Community Service? Find a local shelter, food bank or charity that you can volunteer for the day. Or check your local animal shelter to volunteer with the animals. We’ve heard reading to the animals has a wonderful effect on them.
- Go hike a new trail and bring along a picnic. Take photos and make a memory book, or grab some rocks and paint them when you get home.
- Create a restaurant at home. We saw this idea on Regarding Nannies and can’t wait to try this with our kids.
- Make your own movie. With today’s smart phone you can record and put together your own Academy Award worthy short featuring the kids and even the family pet. Everyone has a part – and don’t forget the director, sound effects, costumes, makeup and special effects! Have fun, then host a screening of your film with popcorn for everyone to enjoy.
- Rock the runway with your own Fashion Show. Pull out that dress you no longer wear, or dad’s old shirt and tie and strut your stuff down the runway. Invite your friends over and make it a day everyone will enjoy.
- Declare it a tech-free day and visit the bookstore or the library. Everyone grab a new book, then head to the park or beach and read. Bring along a picnic and games and everyone will forget about their phones / tablets for a while.
- Do a little Spring cleaning. Have the kids go through toys they no longer play with and donate to a local shelter. Toss broken toys. Go through clothes they’ve outgrown and donate.
TLC For Kids, Inc. has been St. Louis’ premier nanny and babysitting agency for over 30 years. TLC For Kids’ dedicated staff is ready to assist you in finding nannies, tutors, newborn care specialists, sitters and more. Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-725-5660
TLC for Kids extensive recruiting and screening process is always in motion and we always have a pool of qualified, experienced nannies. Our expert placement counselors will work with you to understand what is uniquely important to your family. This ensures that we only present you with candidates who meet YOUR desired qualifications and allows you to focus your attention on choosing that special nanny who will make a positive impact on your children and your family.
TLC only represents experienced caregivers with verifiable, good references who are warm, sensitive and alert to the needs of children. Our extensive application and interview process allows TLC and parents to carefully view the caregivers’ child care experience, education and work history, personal lifestyle and child care philosophy. Our child care questionnaires and oral interview questions help us to assess the caregiver’s knowledge of early childhood development and their ability to make decisions concerning the safety of their charges.
With TLC your nanny search can be limited to only those candidates who meet your qualifications. We look forward to helping families find the nanny that will be just the right fit for their family. Contact us today at 314-725-5660.
Our Guest post today comes from Elizabeth Pantley, The No-Cry Solution
“Trying to drive while your little one screams bloody murder is challenging to say the least. Even though it’s difficult to deal with, you must remember that you and your baby’s safety come first. No matter how tempting it may be, never take a crying baby out of the car seat. It’s extremely dangerous and counterproductive, making it even more difficult for your child to get used to riding in her car seat. Making poor driving decisions when your baby is wailing puts everyone in the car at risk. Either pull the car over and calm your baby down, or focus on getting safely from point A to point B—don’t try to do both.”
“The good news is that a few new ideas, a little time and maturity will help your baby become a happy traveler. Any one (or more) of the following strategies may help solve your car seat dilemma. If the first one you try fails, choose another one, then another; eventually, you’ll hit upon the right solution for your baby.”
Need childcare? Have you thought about hiring a full-time or part-time nanny? St. Louis families have been using TLC for Kids to help them find nannies for over thirty years and so should you!
We’ve put together a list of reasons why you should use a nanny agency to conduct your nanny search.
1. A nanny agency only sends you vetted nannies. The agency does extensive screening and personally interviews the candidates. This makes the process much safer for your and your family.
2. Using a nanny agency makes the process more personal. A placement counselor will get to know you and find out what is uniquely important to your family and will send you candidates that fit your pre-determined qualifications.
3. A nanny agency gives you a manageable number of candidates. Fewer is better so that parents are not overwhelmed by a sea of possibilities.
4. Using a nanny agency saves you a lot of time and energy sifting through sometimes hundreds of candidates.
5. When using a nanny agency you will work with a placement counselor who will step you through the whole process of interviewing and negotiating employment agreements; will provide payroll and tax direction; and will be a helpful resource throughout the period of the nanny’s employment.
6. Families who want the best nannies use agencies because the highest quality nannies work exclusively with nanny agencies. They do not want to call strangers from a blind posting. Agencies offer them a safe, professional representation.
To learn more TLC for Kids visit our website or call Debbie at 314-725-5660.
TLC For Kids, Inc. has been St. Louis’ premier nanny and babysitting agency for over 30 years. TLC For Kids’ dedicated staff is ready to assist you in finding nannies, tutors, newborn care specialists, sitters and more. Reach us at email@example.com or 314-725-5660.
Need an idea for quick and simple motor skill play? Great here is a simple one- make a line!
We just put a long line on the floor with masking tape. Can be on carpet or hardwood (but check in a spot first that the tape doesn’t ruin hardwood in your home)
Then we hop on the line, hop over the line, skip on the line, dance on the line – you get the point. This is a great way to work on language skills as well as you can talk about over, on top of, as well as action words like crawling, skipping, hopping, tip toeing…..
If you have been to the toy aisles of your local EverythingMart lately, you know how overwhelming shopping for toys can be. There are so many choices! Do you choose based on age? Gender? Television show or movie tie-in? How in the world can you figure out how to best stock your playroom with toys that the kids will actually play with? It is very disheartening to buy a toy that you’re sure your child will love, only to have them play with it for a day and then shove it in the bottom of the toy box. In this article I am going to share some tips for getting the most bang for your buck in the toy aisle!
There are many things to consider before bringing a toy into your playroom – especially if you are concerned with creating an atmosphere that is fun, supports your family’s values, and promotes early learning. The toy industry’s marketing machine is a huge behemoth that will make you feel that if you love your children, you always have to be buying the latest and greatest buzzing, light up, battery-operated monstrosity. Don’t get me wrong- some of those toys can be FUN! There is certainly a time and place for them.
However, there are a few other things to consider when choosing a toy … read more from Nannypalooza.com
As a nanny, the family you work for is like your second family. You want to find the perfect gifts for the parents and children you adore, but they may be a bit difficult to please. This holiday season, take into consideration the family members’ personality types, brainstorm thoughtful gifts, identify undeniably helpful, practical items and employ efficient and skillful shopping methods. With the right approach, you are sure to find gifts that will wow. Here are some tips and methods that will help you find the perfect gifts for your nanny-family:
A gift won’t make an impact unless it is something that relates to the giftee’s personality. You want your gift to reflect the child or parent that you give it to. Have a brainstorming session where you write down each family member’s name and explore the most prominent parts of their personality. Identify traits, hobbies, likes and dislikes so you have a thorough list for each individual. Record your list and brainstormed thoughts on a digital or physical notepad so you can use this as a guide when you shop for gifts. If you struggle to come up with ideas on your own, write down some questions you can ask the children or parents to find out more about them. Make sure you do this in a tactful way, so you don’t come off as too intrusive or give away the fact that you’re searching for the perfect gift.