The more prepared you are for the interview, the more you will shine. Below is a list of some questions that a family may ask you. Review the list before the interview and have a honest answer prepared.
1. Why do you want to be a nanny?
2. What do you feel are the most important characteristics a nanny should possess?
3. Tell me about childcare experience?
4. What do you think are your strong points in working with children?
5. What do you see yourself doing in five years?
6. How would your best friend describe you?
7. What are your hobbies or interests?
8. What salary and benefits are you requiring?
9. What are you looking for in a family?
10. How long can you commit to a position?
TLC for Kids has full time, part time and temporary nanny jobs available. To learn more about our job openings visit our website!
Working as a nanny is a fun and rewarding job. In fact, more and more people with experience in childcare are finding that being a nanny is a great career. Nanny jobs allow skilled social workers, teachers, daycare providers and nurses the same thing: the opportunity to help children.
As a nanny you are with children everyday in their home. You are able to provide a loving and stable environment for kids. Childcare experts and parents agree that this type of environment is beneficial for kids. Being a nanny allows you the opportunity to spend time with a child everyday. You watch them grow and develop. You will be there to see a child sit up for the first time, you will be there when they are learning to crawl, then walk and run.
A nanny also has the opportunity to teach kids. You are one of the child’s first teachers. Everyday nannies are singing the ABC song, counting out the number of swings at the playground, and talking about what color the flowers are in the garden. Watching a child learn is very rewarding. Along with teaching, nannies are coloring, cutting, gluing and stamping fun art projects and gifts for mom and dad.
Being a nanny is all about taking care of children while providing support for the family. It is a fun and challenging career for anyone with childcare experience.
If you are interested in becoming a nanny in Missouri of Florida please visit our website today to learn more and fill out an application.
- Find a nanny or babysitting job in the St. Louis Area?
- Care for and nurture young children?
- Provide fun learning and age appropriate activities?
- Make a real contribution to a family?
Here are a few of our current job openings in St. Louis:
1.) Full-time nanny needed in University City, MO. Twins are 4 mos. old and hours are 9a-5p. Family is seeking someone who has permanent nanny experience with twins! Starts ASAP and pay is $550+/wk
2) Full-time nanny needed in Chesterfield, MO. Twin girls are 3 y/o’s and family would love someone with a preschool background. M/T/TH 12p-6p and W/F 7a-6p. Pay is also $550+/wk.
3) Part-time live-out housekeeper / nanny needed in Belleville, IL. Two families will nanny share for M-TH. Applicants must have housekeeping experience and references. This is also a permanent position (1 year+) and will pay between $15-18/hr.
4) Part-time nanny needed in University City, ASAP! Schedule is Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 8a-6p. Toddler is very active, and 10 mos. old will be soon! Mom is seeking someone very calm and patient. Schedule is a little flexible. Pay is between $13-16/hr.
5) Part-time morning position in Clayton. New baby (4mos. old) will need care 8a-1p M-TH. Must have infant experience! Starts ASAP!
Contact Jessica@tlcforkids.com if you have any questions.
Are you looking for a nanny job? Being a nanny is a fun and rewarding career. Taking the time to find the right job for you will make the job even more fun!
Finding the right job requires you to do a little bit of homework. It is your responsibility to review the job description and have a complete understanding of your responsibilities before accepting a position. There a few steps to follow to make sure the nanny job is a good fit.
The first step in finding a great nanny job is to review the family job description. The job description is your first opportunity to see what the job entails. Look at things like location, hours, and salary. Do all those fit your requirements?
The second step is the phone interview. Phone interviews are your first impression. Make sure you can talk without being distracted. Tell the family a little bit about yourself. Be prepared to answer some questions about your job history and experience.
A face to face interview is your opportunity to shine. Arrive early, dress comfortably but professionally, and be prepared. You will be asked to answer questions but it is also your chance to ask questions. You will also have the opportunity to meet the kids. Take this opportunity to interact with the kids and show off how well you work with kids. Find out as much as your can about the family and the job. Would you like to work for this family? Do you agree with their child care philosophy? Are you comfortable in the house?
After the interview thank the family for their time and make sure to follow up with a nice note. This extra step goes a long way.
Following these steps will help you find a great job that you will want to stay with for years!
If you are interested in a nanny job or want to learn more about being a nanny visit the TLC for Kids website.
TLC For Kids in St. Louis is recruiting for part time nannies. We have great families in need of after school nannies.
An after school nanny is a great job for a college student. The job allows you to go to morning and early afternoon classes AND be back on campus for study groups or club meetings in the evenings.
After school nannies typically work Monday through Friday 2/3pm to 6/7pm. You may pick the kids up from school or meet them at the bus stop. Once the kids are home after school nannies help with homework, take the kids to activities, play ball, or supervise a little down time.
After school nanny jobs are a great way to work consistent hours while focusing on your schoolwork.
If you live in St. Louis and are interested in helping a family this school year with their child care needs apply on line at tlcforkids.com