What is there to do during the summer in Miami? Other than soaking up the sun and playing on the beach, Miami is a kid-friendly city.
Here are five places for you to visit with your children:
1. Monkey Jungle. Monkey Jungle is a 30-acre park broken up into three sections: the wild monkey swimming pool, the Orangutans, and the Amazonian Rainforest. Families and children can walk through the jungle, and see each monkey living in their natural habitat. There is also the option of buying food to feed the monkeys.
2. Perez Art Museum Miami. Once a month, the art museum in downtown Miami, invites families in to exhibits and permanent collection free of charge. Then, the second Saturday of every month, the museum also schedules child-friendly art-making activities from 12-5 p.m. This is a great learning experience!
3. Fruit & Spice Park. Fruit & Spice Park is deemed one of the nation’s most unusual parks. At the park, you’re encouraged to pick and eat the fruit right off the trees (or ground). The park has more than 500 varieties of fruits, vegetables, spices, herbs and nuts. The park even has a bamboo grove, and a lake with a waterfall and lily pads. This is a good activity for days when the weather is nice, and exposes your children to the wide variety of available foods.
4. Coral Gable Arts Cinema. On the second Saturday and Sunday of each month, a family-friendly movie is shown at 11 a.m. for only $5 (popcorn included). This is an affordable option that allows the entire family to enjoy an activity together.
5. Miami-Dade Public Library. Not only does the library have tons of reading for your children and family, but they are also offering free museum passes. The Museum Pass offers patrons FREE admission for a family of four to the Deering Estate at Cutler, Fruit & Spice Park, HistoryMiami, Miami Children’s Museum, Miami Science Museum, Pérez Art Museum Miami and Vizcaya Museum & Gardens. All you have to do is visit your local branch!
Miami does have a lot of fun things to do with the kids during the day. AND, they also have a very exciting night life! While visiting take a night or two and check out one of their great restaurants or bars. TLC for Kids has trustworthy and experienced sitters who can come to the hotel and watch the kids. Call TLC for Kids Miami to book a sitter today (305) 256-5905.