Working with children is a rewarding and fulfilling job, and today more than ever nannies are in demand. Parents are going back to work, and many schools and child care centers are closed are restricted. There’s no better time to become a nanny!
Today’s nannies are responsible for the complete care of the children. Duties include tending to each child’s basic physical needs, meal planning and preparation and laundry and clothing care. Nannies also organize play activities and outings (providing transportation when required). With the parents’ insights a nanny enforces behavioral guidelines and disciplining when appropriate. Like educators, nannies provide intellectual stimulation and language activities. A nanny must be an excellent communicator with both children and parents.
A nanny is a childcare provider whose workplace is in a family’s private home. The nanny’s role is to provide support to the family by serving as a loving, nurturing and trustworthy companion to the children. A nanny offers the family convenient, high quality care to meet each child’s physical, emotional, social and intellectual needs.
The safest way to find a nanny job is through a trusted nanny agency or another trusted source. When interviewing with a family make sure you are prepared to ask them questions as well. The interview is an opportunity for you to find out about the job description, days and hours, salary and the families child care philosophy.
At TLC we work with you to find your ideal family, provide tips on interviewing and set you up for success in working with a family.
Being a nanny is a very rewarding job. It’s a unique opportunity to be able to watch children grow and learn in their home environment. But, it takes a special person with certain characteristics to be a nanny. If you have the following characteristics and previous childcare experience you might want to consider a career as a nanny.
- warm-hearted yet firm
- honest and ethical
- takes pride in delivering the best possible child care
- provides safety and security by establishing a routine and consistency
- knows the proper handling of an infant for feeding, bathing, dressing and holding
- understands children’s developmental stages and phases
- encourages individuality and creativity.
If you are interested in learning more about the nanny jobs at TLC for Kids please visit our website.
Click here for a list of our current job openings.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Looking for a new nanny job? As a nanny or babysitter finding a job may be easy, but finding the right family could be difficult. You want to be treated like a professional and compensated for your years in the field. TLC for Kids is a professional nanny agency that will meet your needs and is here for you. When you work with TLC you will be assigned a Placement Counselor who will work with you to find the right family.
Thank you to the International Nanny Association for these 4 reasons why a nanny should use a local agency to find a job.
1. Personal Attention & Support: When working with a local nanny agency, you will have all the personal attention you deserve throughout your job hunt. Look for an agency with a caring, professional staff to guide you through your job search. A veteran agency with a tenured staff will also have a great deal of knowledge and expertise in the industry. They will match your unique skillset and personality with the right families, and offer you jobs that meet your needs.
2. Industry Knowledge & Professionalism: When you decided to work with a local nanny agency, you can expect to be treated as a professional. Seek out an agency who is involved with the nanny industry at large, and who knows what is standard for compensation, benefit and vacation packages. A local nanny agency has first hand knowledge of local wage and benefit packages. Families who work with nanny agencies are well educated, and treat their employees with the respect they deserve.
3. Long-term Success: Families who work with a referral agency have realistic expectations about hiring a nanny. Look for an agency that provides families with an employment contract that outlines the job description, duties, compensation, paid time off, etc. You will also want agencies who educate their families on recommended intervals and processes for reviews to keep open communication between nannies and families.
4. On-going Support: Local agencies offer ongoing support even after you have been placed with a family. Professional agencies will host events for nannies to network with fellow nannies, as well as ongoing training opportunities for development. They will seek to expand your skills as a nanny professional. Your agency should also offer unbiased counseling and/or mediation should you have any issues with your placement.
TLC for Kids has been helping nannies find professional nanny jobs over 25 years. If you are looking for a rewarding career working as a nanny in St. Louis, Mo, or South Florida please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to fill out our online nanny application.
TLC for Kids is currently looking for full time nannies.
TLC nannies spend their days nurturing and caring for kids. On nice days nannies go for walks and scavenger hunts, they ride bikes and go to the park. If a nanny spends her day inside they play! They play with play-doh, read books, build with Lego’s, play with dolls, make crafts and so much more!
TLC full time nannies must have previous child care experience and be willing to commit for at a least a year.
Right now we have full time jobs in Richmond Heights, Clayton and the Central West End.