Halloween is just a few days away!
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests to keep these safety tips in mind when trick or treating this year.
1. If your costume comes with accessories like a sword, cane or stick make sure it’s not sharp and that your little one knows the proper way to carry it.
2. Try to plan costumes that are bright and reflective so that they can be seen in the dark.
3. Keep the costume off the ground so no one trips on it.
1. Send your children out with a full stomach. They will be less likely to eat all that sugar if they had a healthy dinner.
2. Make sure all the candy is wrapped and safe to eat.
3. Once home go through all the treats to make sure everything looks safe and is clear of any potential allergens.
On the Trick or Treat Trail
1. Young children should always be accompanied by an adult .
2. If your older children are going out with friends plan the route they can go on and set a time that they need to be back home.
3. Only visit homes with a porch light turned on and never go inside the home.
4. Walk on well lit streets and use sidewalks whenever possible. If they street doesn’t have sidewalks walk along the edge of the street.
Have fun trick or treating and don’t forget to share your photos with us!
Halloween in St. Louis doesn’t have to be too scary. There are plenty of fun and safe events for kids and the whole family. Many of your favorite Saint Louis attractions are celebrating Halloween.
Here is a list of some fun events the whole family can enjoy.
Visit Booterflies at the Butterfly House in Faust Park. Visit the Butterfly House on October 21st and 22nd to join the party.
Purina Farms has transformed into the Haunted Hayloft. Kids can wear their costumes and enjoy visiting with the animals. Don’t forget to take in the Magic Show!
Grants Farm has tram rides through the “spooky” park in the evenings every weekend this month. There are carousel rides and pumpkin decorating.
In St. Charles you can trick or treat at the Halloween Spooktacular. On October 28th spend the evening with friendly ghosts and goblins at Memorial Park.
Visit the Botanical Garden for Ghouls in the Garden. Kids follow a map and trick or treat through the Garden on October 28th from 1-3. This is also your last chance to enjoy the Childrens’s Garden before it closes for the winter.
Stop by the Magic House to enjoy the Not So Haunted House the weekends of October 19th-21st and 26th-28th. With admission kids receive a free autograph book. As they trick or treat through the house they can collect the signatures of some of their favorite storybook characters.
The Saint Louis Zoo is again hosting the Boo at the Zoo Nights. On October 17th-30th the Halloween fun is from 5:30-8:30. This non-scary event is filled laughter and adventures and goody bags!
For admission cost and reservation information please call or visit each organization’s website.
TLC For Kids, Inc has been St. Louis’ premier nanny and babysitting agency for over 25 years. TLC For Kids’ dedicated staff is ready to assist you in finding nannies, tutors, newborn care specialists, sitters and more. Reach us at email@example.com or 314-725-5660.