Who Is In Charge?
What Are the Expectations?
When Is Your Down Time?
Where Do You Sleep?
How Much Are You Paid?
This article originally appeared on Regarding Nannies.
TLC For Kids, Inc. has been St. Louis’ premier nanny and babysitting agency for over 30 years. TLC For Kids’ dedicated staff is ready to assist you in finding nannies, tutors, newborn care specialists, sitters and more in Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Ft. Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Miami, Orlando, Palm Beach, Sarasota, St. Louis, Tampa and more!. Reach us at email@example.com or 314-725-5660.
Being a nanny is a very rewarding job. It’s a unique opportunity to be able to watch children grow and learn in their home environment. But, it takes a special person with certain characteristics to be a nanny. If you have the following characteristics and previous childcare experience you might want to consider a career as a nanny.
- warm-hearted yet firm
- honest and ethical
- takes pride in delivering the best possible child care
- provides safety and security by establishing a routine and consistency
- knows the proper handling of an infant for feeding, bathing, dressing and holding
- understands children’s developmental stages and phases
- encourages individuality and creativity.
If you are interested in learning more about the nanny jobs at TLC for Kids please visit our website.
Click here for a list of our current job openings.
We look forward to hearing from you.
New backpack? Check.
New crayons? Check.
New clothes? Check.
Childcare? Don’t stress. No matter how much help you need, TLC for Kids has a few ideas on how to help you gear up for the school year.
1. Hire an after school nanny. Not every parent is able to be home after school with their kids. Luckily, TLC for Kids has caregivers with flexible schedules to care for your children when you need it. After school caregivers can pick up your child from school, help with homework, start on dinner, etc. All of our caregivers have reliable, insured forms of transportation and have been thoroughly vetted.
2. Make a list of your top five favorite nannies. Once the school year starts, calendars start overflowing with practices, PTA meetings, and plays. When parents get this busy, it is easy to forget when you need a sitter. Plan ahead and make your requests now with for your favorite sitters. Requesting your favorite sitters in advance helps ensure one of them will be available. A familiar nanny is easier for you and your kiddos because they’ve been to your house before—you don’t have to spend time explaining all the dos and don’ts. Plus, being requested for a job lets your nanny know he/she is doing her job well.
3. Emergency Childcare. No matter how much planning we do last minute needs come up. Our kids will get sick, an extra practice is scheduled or a last minute meeting is added to the calendar. Don’t worry, the TLC for Kids Emergency Service can help with these last minute needs.
TLC for Kids is here to help as you gear up for this school year. Visit us online at tlcforkids.com or call 314-725-5660.
Ever heard the saying, “it takes a village to raise a child?” With the kids out of school and home all day, it is normal to need extra help. Luckily, you don’t have to stress; TLC for Kids has childcare providers for every occasion.
1. Summer Nannies: Do you need some extra help this summer? TLC has summer nannies that can work almost any schedule. Our nannies are energetic, fun and have experience working with kids of all ages.
2. Tutor: During the summer, it is easy for kids to lose some of the information they learned during the school year. Schedules get filled with t-ball practice, play dates, and swimming lessons. But it is important to review math facts, spelling words, and read during the summer months, so your child returns to school prepared to learn. At TLC for Kids, you can find a sitter with a degree in education to assist you in meeting your child’s educational needs.
3. Chauffeur: Camps, swimming/piano/pitching lessons, practices and recitals happen all throughout the summer. However, it can be hard to make it on time to all of these events—especially if you work full time or have more than one child participating (or maybe you are sick). To take stress off yourself, and remain punctual, TLC offers sitters with reliable and insured forms of transportation to take your child to and from events.
3. Household Helper: Not only does TLC provide families with CPR certified, background checked sitters, their nannies are also able to help with household duties. When the kids are home from school all day, the house gets messier quicker than normal. You can hire a TLC sitter to help you with laundry, light household cleaning, dishes, grocery shopping, and organizing.
4. Pet and House Sitter: Lots of families go on vacations during the summer. But not every vacation is inviting for your furry friends. Instead of taking your family pet to a pet daycare, have a sitter come to your home. Your pet will receive the same attention as if you were home with them. Summer is also the time of year when robberies and break-ins rise, so having a TLC sitter stay at your house will keep your home safe and allow you to enjoy your vacation without worrying.
5. Party Helper: Summer is the best time of year for barbeques, birthday parties, and more. But taking care of the cooking, cleaning, and watching after the kids can be a little hectic. Fortunately, TLC offers party helpers to meet your event hosting needs. TLC has party helpers that have doubled as servers, bartenders, cooks, and sitters that have brought activities for the kids at the party while the parents enjoyed themselves. If you are hosting a large gathering, don’t worry; you can hire as many TLC sitters as you need.
Call TLC’s office or visit the website to book your sitter today.
Our friends at Regarding Nannies have some great advice when traveling as a nanny.
To some, it seems like the ultimate gig. You get to travel to tropical islands and exotic foreign destinations with all of your expenses included — plus your regular salary. But while outsiders may hear “all-inclusive trip to the Jamaica,” a nanny hears “a long flight, a new location, no toys and strange food.”
Though you may actually serve sandwiches on a blanket multiple times on the trip, being a travel nanny is no picnic; it’s work. And unlike your usual set up, where the parents go to work and you’re at home in familiar territory with the kids, it’s all new, to you and your nanny family. So before you pack your bags, it’s important to prepare, communicate and set expectations that will ensure that everyone has a successful trip.
Continue reading 5 Things You Need to Know When Traveling as a Nanny
Jump on over to our Facebook page and share with us what helps you when traveling as a nanny.
TLC For Kids, Inc. has been St. Louis’ premier nanny and babysitting agency for over 30 years. TLC For Kids’ dedicated staff is ready to assist you in finding nannies, tutors, newborn care specialists, sitters and more. We serve St. Louis, Atlanta and Florida. Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-725-5660
Wedding season is almost upon us! Many parents often face the dilemma of what to do with their children when it comes to wedding season, especially when kids aren’t invited to attend the ceremony. Adding to that concern is when families need travel for destination weddings with kiddos in-tow. But now wedding sitters gives parents a way for their little ones to be included in the big day without the worry of tantrums or distractions during the event. TLC Nannies and Sitters provides special wedding babysitters and in-room hotel sitters. TLC sitter’s make the experience both safe and fun for the kids. This service has become almost a norm for millennial weddings, but I can see why it’s so popular – no one wants a toddler screaming through the service! Weddings are such beautiful events, and we’re glad that people are finding ways through the site to make sure no one misses out.
TLC recently provided five sitters at the History Museum in Forest Park. The bride was so thankful to get everything arranged ahead of time, and the kids enjoyed their own dinner and some fun games while the adults had their fun in another room. The parents were so happy to be able to relax and dance while they knew their kids were well cared for.
However, some parents feel better booking their own one-on-one sitter in their hotel room so they can go to sleep at their normal time. This is especially important with babies. TLC sends hotel sitters to the hotel room, where they can ensure a quiet bedtime, and mom and dad can stay out as late as they like!
Whatever your wedding child care needs, TLC has you covered. Give us a call today and learn more.
TLC For Kids, Inc. has been St. Louis’ premier nanny and babysitting agency for over 30 years. TLC For Kids’ dedicated staff is ready to assist you in finding nannies, tutors, newborn care specialists, sitters and more. We serve St. Louis, Atlanta and Florida. Reach us at email@example.com or 314-725-5660.
TLC for Kids is having a baby boom! Our families in Saint Louis are having babies and they need nannies.
We have full time nanny jobs in Clayton, Webster Groves, Chesterfield, the Central West End, and Holly Hills. We even have families with newborn twins! If you are looking for a new rewarding job in 2019 apply with us today!
So you want to bask in all of the Miami essence that comes with visiting for Art Basel. Special exhibits, pre-parties, after-parties, concerts, fabulous restaurants, and more. But there’s just one obstacle: Traveling with young children. Sure, we love to have them tag along and hate to leave them back home with the grandparents, but the multi-day party that is Art Basel creates an environment that is not entirely compatible with the young ones.
As so many Art Basel events occur in the evening, one strategy is to take advantage of Miami’s excellent kid-friendly attractions during the early part of the day. Attractions such as the Miami Children’s Museum, Jungle Island, Crandon Park Amusement Center, or an amphibious adventure with Duck Tours on South Beach will provide much needed entertainment for the kids that parents can share and enjoy with them!
Ok, so now the kiddos are entertained and worn out and its time for the parents (who have presumably conserved some energy) to go enjoy the Art Basel action. What now? Yes, we want to expose our children to wonderful art, but the massiveness of exhibitions such as Red Dot, Aqua, Context, Art Miami, and many others is capable of testing the endurance of the hardiest adults, let alone children.
That’s where TLC Family Care can help. Perhaps you’d like to take an early evening stroll through an exhibition hall with your children and have an extra set of eyes, ears, and hands to ensure the kids don’t touch the art (with the big “do not touch” sign on it), break anything, or run around and get lost in the massive halls while you attempt to take a serious and thoughtful look at the abundant and diverse art. One of TLC’s fully vetted and loving caregivers will be glad to join you and look after the kids to allow you to focus a bit more on the artistic treasures. Alternatively (or immediately after) TLC will send a sitter to your hotel room so that you can go out and enjoy the exhibitions, fine restaurants, and nightlife. You’ll be assured that your children are having a great time at your hotel playing, reading, and doing other activities before they get safely tucked in for a good night’s rest.
It’s really the best of both worlds; you can enjoy Miami’s beaches and attractions with your children by day, and also to get in some “adult-time” at night. Art Basel and Children DO go together well when you add a little bit of TLC caregiving to the equation.
It’s easy to book a TLC Miami hotel babysitter. Simply visit TLC Family Care and fill out our short application. A TLC representative will contact you immediately to assign and confirm an experienced and fully qualified sitter who will have fun with your children and set your mind at ease.
Last-minute requests are welcome, but we advise that you book in advance to be certain of getting the coverage you want. This is one of the busiest times of year for our on-call sitters. Use the link above or call TLC at 305.256.5905. We’d be happy to tell you more about our awesome sitters and get you set up with coverage to make your visit run smoothly.
Enjoy the art!
Helping caregivers find rewarding careers as a nanny is such a fulfilling job. I love being able to match nannies and Saint Louis families looking for childcare. Today I received this email from a nanny. It brought a smile to my face on this cold morning!
“I am enjoying Rory and his family. He is almost 15 months already and starting to walk! In a couple weeks, he will probably be running!”
“Also, TLC has always been good to me and I would not go through any other nanny agency. Thanks for always being there to answer questions for me and to help me!”
Need childcare? Have you thought about hiring a full-time or part-time nanny? St. Louis families have been using TLC for Kids to help them find nannies for over thirty years and so should you!
We’ve put together a list of reasons why you should use a nanny agency to conduct your nanny search.
1. A nanny agency only sends you vetted nannies. The agency does extensive screening and personally interviews the candidates. This makes the process much safer for your and your family.
2. Using a nanny agency makes the process more personal. A placement counselor will get to know you and find out what is uniquely important to your family and will send you candidates that fit your pre-determined qualifications.
3. A nanny agency gives you a manageable number of candidates. Fewer is better so that parents are not overwhelmed by a sea of possibilities.
4. Using a nanny agency saves you a lot of time and energy sifting through sometimes hundreds of candidates.
5. When using a nanny agency you will work with a placement counselor who will step you through the whole process of interviewing and negotiating employment agreements; will provide payroll and tax direction; and will be a helpful resource throughout the period of the nanny’s employment.
6. Families who want the best nannies use agencies because the highest quality nannies work exclusively with nanny agencies. They do not want to call strangers from a blind posting. Agencies offer them a safe, professional representation.
To learn more TLC for Kids visit our website or call Debbie at 314-725-5660.
TLC For Kids, Inc. has been St. Louis’ premier nanny and babysitting agency for over 30 years. TLC For Kids’ dedicated staff is ready to assist you in finding nannies, tutors, newborn care specialists, sitters and more. Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-725-5660.