Become a Certified Newborn Care Specialist
Interested in becoming a Certified NCS or advancing your skills as an NCS? Newborn Care Solutions offers several online courses, available 24/7 via computer, tablet or smartphone. Whether you’re looking to enhance your skills with newborns for your next job search, or looking to take the leap to offering families Newborn Care Services, the courses offered here will set you on the path to success. Their Foundational course is Accredited by CACHE and if you meet the requirements, you can become a Certified NCS. Stand out among your peers and check out their programs.
Here’s what covered in their Foundational Course:
- What is an NCS and how is that different from a Doula, Night Nanny or Traditional Nanny. define/explain
- Doula: Define/explain similarities and differences..
- Night Nanny: Define/explain similarities and differences.
- Traditional Nanny: Define/explain similarities and differences.
- Basic Newborn Care
- Building a Nursery
- Special needs of preemies
- Caring for Multiples
- Caring for and building up a post-partum mom: One of the most important jobs of a NCS and why.
- Signs of Post-partum depression and what to do: Covering the major symptoms of post-partum depression and how to handle it (before baby even comes home).
- Recognizing signs of various feeding issues: Reflux, tests, treatment and options. Tongue tie, to clip or not to clip, pyloric stenosis – what is it and what can be done, how to feed a baby with a cleft palate.
- Recognizing signs of food allergies and intolerance’s in infants
- Major Methods of sleep training: Sharing the most common methods of sleep training and how they differ from one another.
- Getting your NCS Business off the ground: Do I need to be “certified” and if so, how do I get it? What are my first steps?
- How can I get more experience so clients will hire me? What legal issues/insurance issues do I need to address? Do I need a resume’? What should be on it? Do I need a contract with clients? How do I get paid? What if a client cancels? What if I get the babies sleeping through the night early and the client wants to terminate my contract early? My client bounced a check, now what? My client forgot to pay me, now what? How do I explain to clients on the phone what I do without spending all day on the phone and without giving away all my talents?
- Tax Overview: What are my tax obligations? Does my client pay taxes on me? My client wants to pay me with a business check?
- Contracts with clients: What needs to be in it? Do I really need it? The client doesn’t want one.
- Liability insurance: Do I need it? Why? Where can I get it?
- Educating Agencies about what I do: Do I need to work with agencies? What do they need to know about what I do in order to “sell” my services to the client?
- Green Practices: My new client wants to use eco-friendly products. What does that mean exactly, do they really work and how do I help her set up a green nursery?
TLC is hiring Newborn Care Specialists and Night Nannies. Connect with us to learn more!
- contains affiliate links
The professionals at TLC Family Care personally assist nannies, babysitters and families in St. Louis, Atlanta, Chicago, Nashville, Memphis, Charlotte, Miami and Orlando to find the right childcare arrangement. Our mission is to provide a safe and personalized approach for families and caregivers to connect with each other that is not an internet search. TLC has worked with families, nannies, sitters, newborn care providers, and tutors for over 35 years and looks forward to working with you! To find great nanny and babysitting jobs visit us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Call 314-725-5660.