Working with a nanny placement agency is a great and effective way of finding an exceptional nanny for your family. The purpose of a nanny placement agency is to locate both nannies and families and match them.
Below are some benefits of going to a nanny placement agency:
• Going to a nanny placement agency saves a lot of time and effort for both the family and the nanny because of procedures (advertising, screening, recruiting and counseling) that are already tested.
• Most nanny placement agencies are well-established which draws more and more families and nannies into their lists. This improves the parents’ choices. TLC has been serving families for over 30 years!
• A nanny placement agency treats both families and nannies equally. They are considered clients that need each other.
• They have a contract for both the family and nanny.
• A nanny placement agency also serves as a counselor for both clients in case of problems.
• Placement agencies are also known for their customer service and competence of the nannies.
All nanny placement agencies have devised their own screening procedures. Other than this, they have a system for fees for registration and placement. What is so good about a nanny placement agency is that they also provide references before registering.
Below are the typical standards for recruitment:
* The nanny should have prior experience as a nanny or working exclusively with children. Most agencies require a minimum two years or more experience. Experience in teaching is a huge advantage.
* Today, many parents require that the nanny has received at least two years of college education. Before, a high school diploma was sufficient.
* Interviews are performed in person or video / Skype for long-distance applicants (both family and nanny). In-home interviews can also be requested.
* Applicants should have no criminal records.
Most applicants are also given a set of uniformed questionnaires during the interview that is very useful in evaluating all applicants. All applicants are screened to asses their individual personalities for nanny and family compatibility.
Fees are generally non-refundable due to the tedious processing of a placement. For this reason it is very important that parents and nannies are both realistic with their expectations and take the process seriously to get the most of the fees. Get as much information about the nanny placement agency as possible before signing up and make sure you are dealing with a credible company.