Easter is right around the corner. We found these quick, easy and entertaining activities you can do with the kids, guaranteed fun for all.
Easter Bunny Bread – now who wouldn’t want to sit down to a wonderful meal and enjoy bunny shaped bread, made by the kids!
Marshmallow Peeps Cupcakes – Are you a fan of Peeps? These cupcakes will be a crowd pleaser.
Check out our Pinterest Board full of Easter ideas!
And there’s still time to make that Easter Basket! Our favorite …. you can never go wrong with books and candy!
When Spring Break hits parents start thinking about summer and summer childcare.
TLC for Kids can help you with your summer childcare needs. We have wonderful nannies that are interested in securing work for the summer. Hiring a nanny is the best option for St. Louis families’, whether you are looking for full-time or part-time childcare.
Hiring a summer nanny from TLC is like having your very own camp counselor! Summer nannies will schedule fun parent approved outings for the kids like going to the amusement park, swimming, museum, bowling, play groups, the zoo and more. TLC summer nannies will also do tutoring over the summer so that your kids are on track for their upcoming school year.
Since we have so many nannies available, we are able to offer our registered clients substantial savings on a summer placement. Give me a call to discuss discounts for full-time, part-time, and long term temp (up to two months) placements.
Click on our summer nanny parent application to start your search. You can save $100 if you start your search by March 31st. If you have any questions please give us a call.
And don’t forget we have great babysitters available for weekends, days, and evenings too.
Already have a summer nanny? For each referral you send us you will earn credits toward upcoming TLC services.
Spring Break is here and that is when parents start looking ahead to summer. Planning and registering for camps is a full time job! Instead, let TLC for Kids help you find great childcare this summer.
TLC can help you with all your summer childcare needs. We have fun and experienced nannies ready to make this summer a great one for everyone. Whether you are looking for full-time or part-time childcare, hiring a nanny is the best option for families.
Hiring a summer nanny from TLC is like having your very own camp counselor! Summer nannies will schedule fun parent approved outings for the kids like going to the amusement park, swimming, museum, bowling, play groups, the zoo and more.
Visit our website to learn more about TLC’s summer nannies. You can also fill out the parent application on line to get your search started.
Increase Your Earning Potential by becoming a Certified Newborn Nanny or Postpartum Doula!
TLC for Kids is once again partnering with Parenting Resources and is offering customized training.
What is a Certified Newborn Nanny?
A Certified Newborn Nanny is a nanny who has pursued formal training to work specifically with newborns to provide childcare.
While you don’t need a certification to work with a newborn, certification shows a potential client that you know all of the fundamentals and have advanced skills needed to take care of their little one. Parents can skip the stress about what you know and don’t know and you can both focus on whether or not you’re a perfect match!
Certified Newborn Nannies earn $18-$22 per hour
• Jaundice and Care
• Circumcision Care
• Umbilical Cord Care
• Infant Massage
• Pace Bottle Feeding
• Common Skin Conditions
• Breast Milk Handling
What is a Certified Postpartum Doula?
A Certified Postpartum Doula is considered an all around ADVANCED support person for a family with a new baby. You support all facets of the new family, from breastfeeding support to newborn care. A Doula is not focused solely on the baby, but on the client, partner, sibling, home, and everything that goes into the family transitioning well into their new roles. You are not left alone with the baby to “babysit.” You are there to work within the family system.
Here are just a few of the roles that you may fill (and don’t worry, we teach you how to do ALL OF THIS!):
Postpartum Doulas earn $20-$25 per hour
• Helping get breastfeeding off to the right start
• Teaching proper upright bottle feeding
• Assisting with pumping
• Setting up an environment conducive to postpartum
• Night shifts caring for the baby while the family sleeps
• Night shifts bringing the baby to the client for feeds
• Light laundry or meal prep to allow the family bonding time
• Providing and teaching the family everything they need to
know about newborn care
• Alerting families to red flags or warning signs if an issue
• Pediatrician or OBGYN appointment accompaniment
• Integrating healthy sleep habits into the family’s routine
• Helping the client process their birth and postpartum
experience while providing support and acceptance
• And much more!
Both classes are great for TLC Temp Caregivers who are currently caring for newborns and their families and for TLC Nannies who are looking to increase their salary potential in future jobs.
Contact Chrissy for more information at Chrissy@tlcforkids.com.
Staying home for Spring Break? There are plenty of ways you can have loads of fun for little to no cost. Don’t forget – book your TLC Spring Break Sitter today!
- Create a Scavenger Hunt. Fun for any age. Make a list of items to find around the house – think outside the box – and each find has a clue to the next. The prize? How about a Make-Your-Own-Sundae party!
- Take your Scavenger Hunt into the community. Head to a local museum or zoo. Hit up the gift shop first, or do a little planning online and find photographs of exhibits or animals and have them ready for your scavenger hunt.
- Bring the beach indoors. Let the kids wear their swimsuits in the tub. Bring along your beach towels, favorite tunes, sunscreen and shades.
- How about Community Service? Find a local shelter, food bank or charity that you can volunteer for the day. Or check your local animal shelter to volunteer with the animals. We’ve heard reading to the animals has a wonderful effect on them.
- Go hike a new trail and bring along a picnic. Take photos and make a memory book, or grab some rocks and paint them when you get home.
- Create a restaurant at home. We saw this idea on Regarding Nannies and can’t wait to try this with our kids.
- Make your own movie. With today’s smart phone you can record and put together your own Academy Award worthy short featuring the kids and even the family pet. Everyone has a part – and don’t forget the director, sound effects, costumes, makeup and special effects! Have fun, then host a screening of your film with popcorn for everyone to enjoy.
- Rock the runway with your own Fashion Show. Pull out that dress you no longer wear, or dad’s old shirt and tie and strut your stuff down the runway. Invite your friends over and make it a day everyone will enjoy.
- Declare it a tech-free day and visit the bookstore or the library. Everyone grab a new book, then head to the park or beach and read. Bring along a picnic and games and everyone will forget about their phones / tablets for a while.
- Do a little Spring cleaning. Have the kids go through toys they no longer play with and donate to a local shelter. Toss broken toys. Go through clothes they’ve outgrown and donate.
TLC For Kids, Inc. has been St. Louis’ premier nanny and babysitting agency for over 30 years. TLC For Kids’ dedicated staff is ready to assist you in finding nannies, tutors, newborn care specialists, sitters and more. Reach us at email@example.com or 314-725-5660