Staying home for Spring Break? There are plenty of ways you can have loads of fun for little to no cost. Don’t forget – book your TLC Spring Break Sitter today!
- Create a Scavenger Hunt. Fun for any age. Make a list of items to find around the house – think outside the box – and each find has a clue to the next. The prize? How about a Make-Your-Own-Sundae party!
- Take your Scavenger Hunt into the community. Head to a local museum or zoo. Hit up the gift shop first, or do a little planning online and find photographs of exhibits or animals and have them ready for your scavenger hunt.
- Bring the beach indoors. Let the kids wear their swimsuits in the tub. Bring along your beach towels, favorite tunes, sunscreen and shades.
- How about Community Service? Find a local shelter, food bank or charity that you can volunteer for the day. Or check your local animal shelter to volunteer with the animals. We’ve heard reading to the animals has a wonderful effect on them.
- Go hike a new trail and bring along a picnic. Take photos and make a memory book, or grab some rocks and paint them when you get home.
- Create a restaurant at home. We saw this idea on Regarding Nannies and can’t wait to try this with our kids.
- Make your own movie. With today’s smart phone you can record and put together your own Academy Award worthy short featuring the kids and even the family pet. Everyone has a part – and don’t forget the director, sound effects, costumes, makeup and special effects! Have fun, then host a screening of your film with popcorn for everyone to enjoy.
- Rock the runway with your own Fashion Show. Pull out that dress you no longer wear, or dad’s old shirt and tie and strut your stuff down the runway. Invite your friends over and make it a day everyone will enjoy.
- Declare it a tech-free day and visit the bookstore or the library. Everyone grab a new book, then head to the park or beach and read. Bring along a picnic and games and everyone will forget about their phones / tablets for a while.
- Do a little Spring cleaning. Have the kids go through toys they no longer play with and donate to a local shelter. Toss broken toys. Go through clothes they’ve outgrown and donate.
TLC For Kids, Inc. has been St. Louis’ premier nanny and babysitting agency for over 30 years. TLC For Kids’ dedicated staff is ready to assist you in finding nannies, tutors, newborn care specialists, sitters and more. Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-725-5660
Being a nanny and a babysitter is an extremely important job. You are responsible for caring for and keeping safe a parent’s most precious gift. The days are filled with changing diapers, washing and refilling sippy cups and/or bottles, playing, reading, changing more diapers, and playing some more! It’s a tireless job that sometimes goes unnoticed. Not by this mom! Read the thank you Laura Harris wrote to her sitters for everything they do.
” My two kids are at the babysitter’s today. They’re running around in the watchful and loving care of my friend, Seyly, while I sit in a cafe and type on my laptop, listening to movie soundtracks in my earbuds. This is my one full day outside of the home to work as a freelance writer. My one day to chase my dream.
The rest of the week, I chase my other two little dreams. One has my laugh; the other has his daddy’s. For a long time, I felt guilty about doing something like this for myself. Then, I realized, it really does take a village. You, the babysitters, helped me overcome some pretty difficult stuff, and it’s time I shared my thanks with you.
Soon, I’ll pull into my friend’s driveway, and feel a flutter of excitement at the thought of seeing my children. I’ll open the door and find them both, safe and sound, racing around the house. It’s possible that they’ll react to my entrance by running away and sobbing, but I’ve come to take that as a good sign. They had a good time.
There’s no telling what kind of day my friend had, however. No telling how many bodily excretions she had to smell or wipe up. No telling how much food my kids spilled on her table or floor. I’ve been that sitter, as many of us have, and I just want to say,”Thanks.”
To all the sitters: You’re awesome and you probably don’t get paid enough. Some of you even choose not to get paid at all. You love our kids and keep ’em safe while we, the parents, try to remember the basic functions of adulthood sans babies.”
What a sweet thank you! Read the full blog here.
If you are interested in becoming a nanny or babysitter contact TLC for Kids! We are hiring in St. Louis, Atlanta, Miami, Boston, Tampa, Orlando, and Jacksonville.
Are you reliable and do you love working with kids? TLC for Kids has flexible part time jobs with competitive pay and great hours!
TLC for Kids offers many types of nanny positions (full time, part-time, and after-school), but we also offer temporary babysitting positions. These temporary jobs are great for students!
As a TLC temporary nanny, you have complete control over your own schedule—there is an online calendar where you post your available hours. The calendar lets the agency know when you are available, so when a family calls and requests a sitter for Monday from 9am-5pm, they know they can call you for the job. This type of scheduling allows you to go to school, maintain your social life, volunteer, etc.
Another perk of being a TLC sitter is the pay: a minimum of $12/hour (most of the families also tip their sitters). You always get paid for four hours of work, even if you only work for three. For example, if a family only needs a caregiver from 3pm-6pm, they are required to pay their sitter for four hours worth of work. You can also earn more money by taking multiple jobs a day. If you work for one family from 7:30-4:30, it is easy to get another job that goes from 5:30-10:30. The more you work for TLC for Kids, the more families start to request you and the more your income grows.
Not only is being a temporary babysitter profitable and flexible, but it is also a lot of fun! TLC for Kids caregivers are expected to show up to a job with a blue TLC for Kids bag packed with fun, age-appropriate activities for the kids. Most of the children know that TLC sitters bring cool games to their house, so when you arrive on the job the kids are very excited to play with you.
To become a TLC temporary sitter, you must be 18 years or older and have a minimum of three childcare references and an insured vehicle.
Need childcare? Have you thought about hiring a full-time or part-time nanny? St. Louis families have been using TLC for Kids to help them find nannies for over thirty years and so should you!
We’ve put together a list of reasons why you should use a nanny agency to conduct your nanny search.
1. A nanny agency only sends you vetted nannies. The agency does extensive screening and personally interviews the candidates. This makes the process much safer for your and your family.
2. Using a nanny agency makes the process more personal. A placement counselor will get to know you and find out what is uniquely important to your family and will send you candidates that fit your pre-determined qualifications.
3. A nanny agency gives you a manageable number of candidates. Fewer is better so that parents are not overwhelmed by a sea of possibilities.
4. Using a nanny agency saves you a lot of time and energy sifting through sometimes hundreds of candidates.
5. When using a nanny agency you will work with a placement counselor who will step you through the whole process of interviewing and negotiating employment agreements; will provide payroll and tax direction; and will be a helpful resource throughout the period of the nanny’s employment.
6. Families who want the best nannies use agencies because the highest quality nannies work exclusively with nanny agencies. They do not want to call strangers from a blind posting. Agencies offer them a safe, professional representation.
To learn more TLC for Kids visit our website or call Debbie at 314-725-5660.
TLC For Kids, Inc. has been St. Louis’ premier nanny and babysitting agency for over 30 years. TLC For Kids’ dedicated staff is ready to assist you in finding nannies, tutors, newborn care specialists, sitters and more. Reach us at email@example.com or 314-725-5660.