TLC For Kids has been providing nanny placements for over 30 years in St. Louis. Five years ago we opened in South Florida. Hiring a nanny is an important decision for your family. There are many things to consider like finding nanny candidates, screening and interviewing them and setting up a contract.
Often times we are asked why a nanny agency can be beneficial for families when there are so many do-it-yourself options on the web. Here is list outlining the reasons why families should hire a professional nanny agency to help them with their nanny search.
Advantages of Using Nanny Agencies
- A good nanny agency saves time for both nanny and family. It has tested procedures for recruiting, advertising, screening, and counseling, and policies regarding both placement and refunds.
- It has an established reputation based on previous nanny placements, which in turn draws additional nannies and families into its registry, improving the choices for all.
- A good nanny agency treats nanny and family as equals. Both are its clients, for without one it will not have the other.
- A good nanny agency provides a solid nanny/family contract.
- A good nanny agency stands behind its placements and impartially counsels both parties in case of on-the-job conflict.
- A good nanny agency monitors the success of its nanny placements and may even offer workshops and gatherings that support both nanny and family.
- Experience with a good nanny agency is probably the best possible introduction to the placement process: when a nanny has fulfilled her commitment to a good agency placement, the experience – awareness of screening procedures and of the many hitches along the way – will help both nanny and family in the next go-around.
- A good nanny agency is known by its customer service, the caliber of the nannies and families it serves, and the frequent long-term success of its placements.
If you would like to learn more about TLC for Kids and how we can help you hire a nanny please visit TLCforkids.com or contact Debbie Hipp at 314-725-5660.