If you have recent newborn experience (non family members) we’d love to talk to you! Newborn nannies are essential to new moms and you can enjoy caring for a new baby while also helping educate and support new parents.
Pay is competitive at $14-16/hr with a four hour min and shifts vary from 8a-6p. These jobs are flexible and you can make your own schedule!
Overnights shifts are available as well”
– Typical hours 9 pm – 6 am
– Caregiver may not sleep during shift
– 2 to 5 nights per week
Each applicant must have:
– Have a high school degree
– Provide clean criminal record check
– Be willing to become CPR certified
– Provide 3 childcare references related to caring for
I have been reading up on the newest techniques in caring for newborns and can’t believe how much things have changed. The things I was taught for my three kids (ages 10,8 and 7) are no longer the standard way of doing things.
With more research being done on babies, theories on nursing, sleep training and newborn care have evolved.
I am really excited about some of the things I’m learning and will be sharing them with you guys over the next few months.
The more prepared you are for the interview, the more you will shine. Below is a list of some questions that a family may ask you. Review the list before the interview and have a honest answer prepared.
1. Why do you want to be a nanny?
2. What do you feel are the most important characteristics a nanny should possess?
3. Tell me about childcare experience?
4. What do you think are your strong points in working with children?
5. What do you see yourself doing in five years?
6. How would your best friend describe you?
7. What are your hobbies or interests?
8. What salary and benefits are you requiring?
9. What are you looking for in a family?
10. How long can you commit to a position?
TLC for Kids has full time, part time and temporary nanny jobs available. To learn more about our job openings visit our website!
Being a nanny is a very rewarding job. It’s a unique opportunity to be able to watch children grow and learn in their home environment. But, it takes a special person with certain characteristics to be a nanny. If you have the following characteristics and previous childcare experience you might want to consider a career as a nanny.
- warm-hearted yet firm
- honest and ethical
- takes pride in delivering the best possible child care
- provides safety and security by establishing a routine and consistency
- knows the proper handling of an infant for feeding, bathing, dressing and holding
- understands children’s developmental stages and phases
- encourages individuality and creativity.
If you are interested in learning more about the nanny jobs at TLC for Kids please visit our website.
Click here for a list of our current job openings.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Permanent (FT and PT) nannies- normal bonus $50- $100 right now!