Ten Nanny Interview Questions Every Family Needs To Ask
Interviewing a nanny is the most important step in the nanny hiring process. You want to make sure you know as much as you can about the nanny before hiring her(or him). TLC for Kids pre-screens and interviews every nanny before they are sent out on an interview with a family. Hiring a professional nanny agency to do this work saves the family valuable time.
During a family and nanny interview the family wants to take the time to ask both work related and childcare related questions. Here are the top interview questions every family should ask a nanny. Remember to write down the answers so you can refer back to them when making your hiring decision.
1. Why do you want to be a nanny?
2. Tell me about your previous childcare jobs. What was the last job you had?
3. What are your strong points when working with children?
4. What would you do with my child/children on a typical day?
5. What characteristics are you looking for in a family?
6. How would you soothe a crying baby? Toddler?
7. What’s your philosophy on discipline? Does it change as kids get older?
8. How would you handle an emergency?
9. Have you taken any childcare related courses?
10. What TV viewing habits or screen time do you think children should have?
Keep the focus of the interview on the nanny and the job requirements. Once you have decided on a candidate you can negotiate salary and benefits.
TLC for Kids has been placing nannies in Missouri and Florida for 30 years. To learn more about our agency and what we can do for you visit our website tlcforkids.com.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.