Most kids love Halloween. They look forward to the costumes but most importantly kids love the candy and the treats!
Trick or Treating is fun and should be remembered as a fun activity for kids. But, there are a few things we as parents and caregivers need to do to keep our kids safe this year.
1. Use the buddy system. Kids should not be out by themselves trick or treating. Getting a group together makes the night more fun for everyone. Just make sure you have a few parents to watch the group. Older kids who don’t need parent supervision should also go trick or treating with friends.
2. Check to see if your town has an evening curfew. Make sure everyone in your party is aware of the curfew and knows it’s important to follow the law.
3. Make sure costumes fit properly. A loose fighting costume or a too big cape can be a safety hazard. Make sure costumes and shoes fit so that little kids don’t trip while trick or treating.
4. Instruct the kids not to eat anything until it has been inspected by an adult.
5. Make sure your group is using a flashlight, glow sticks, or reflective tape on their clothes. You can also add reflective tape to trick or treat bags. This make it easier for cars to see you while you are out trick or treating.
We hope you have a fun Halloween. Don’t forgot to send us pictures of your little ghosts and goblins!