Are you a parent or caregiver of a toddler? Do you sometimes think children should come with an owners manual?
If so, than the Jewish Light conference The Wonder Years, is for you!
TLC for Kids is proud to be a part of this community event Sunday March 2nd 8:30-12:30 at the Saul Mirowitz Jewish Community School.
Spend the morning with other parents and gain practical strategies that will help make the Wonder Years a joyful adventure.
Sign up HERE for a morning jam-packed with informative sessions, community resources,
healthy snacks made by Bistro Kids, and a cute lunch bag.
Tennis lovers everywhere are getting ready for the Sony Open in Key Biscayne Florida March 17th through the 30th. Known as tennis’ 5th Grand Slam, the Sony open is a fan favorite and draws a large attendance every year. Call TLC for Kids Miami if you need childcare for this fun event!
Bring the entire family to enjoy fun in the sun and tennis!! TLC for Kids Miami is on-call for you to reserve wonderful babysitters for your kid-free time while you enjoy tennis on the Key or a romantic dinner.
Last year some of the best players in the game competed in the open, and this year is no different. Rafael Nadal, the current number one men’s player in the world, is playing along with other top players like Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer, and Andy Murray.
Competing in the women’s field is Serena Williams, 17-time Grand Slam champion and last year’s Sony Open winner. Also playing are Maria Sharapova, Victoria Azarenka, and Li Na.
If you are looking for babysitters that can come to your hotel or resort during these two weeks please contact TLC for Kids. TLC for Kids has been providing safe and convenient in-home or on-site childcare to families for over 25 years. Our experienced South Florida babysitters and nannies are professionally screened and vetted. They are chosen based upon their years experience and commitment to providing the highest quality childcare.
Families can reserve a TLC for Kids sitter for one day or multiple days based upon each family’s needs.
Reserve your South Florida babysitter today on line at tlcforkids.com!
ALL positions pay a competitive rate and some benefits are included!
Full-Time (requires 1 year commitment)
1) Full-time live-in housekeeper/handyman couple needed ASAP in Wildwood, MO. M-F 8a-5p and must have professional housekeeping experience. Family has an apartment on their property for the nanny. No childcare duties, evenings, weekends or overnights. Pay based on experience. Starts ASAP!
2) Eureka family is seeking a full time nanny for their toddler! Nanny will work Monday through Friday, from 9am-6pm. Opportunities for extra hours are available with this job! Job starts in the beginning of April 2014!
3) Belleville, IL family seeking a full-time (M-F 8a-4p) nanny who has early childhood experience and infant experience. Position would start asap and nanny would have the option on doing a 1-3 month trial before committing to a full-year.
4) Central West End family seeking a full-time nanny to start early January! Hours are M-F 8a-6p M-F, toddler is in school a few mornings and nanny will run errands / do light housekeeping during that time. Must be very active and energetic!
5) Clayton family is seeking an energetic nanny to help take care of their one year-old twins! You will also help assist with running errands and helping with laundry. Hours are Monday, – Friday 7:30am-5:00pm! Jobs starts ASAP!
6) Fenton family seeking a nanny in mid-April for toddler and new baby. Must be available M-F 8a-6:30p.
7) Belleville, IL family seeking a nanny who is available to work very long days. M-F 5:30a-6:30p with a new baby! Pay is definitely competitive and many days the nanny will be relieved early. The position starts 4/1.
8) University City family with new baby needs an experienced, energetic nanny! Hours are M-F 8a-5:30p and job will start at the end of March!
9) Shared-Care family in Clayton seeking a new nanny to watch two babies and one toddler full-time! Nanny must be able to transport all three children in the same car — three carseats must safely fit in the nanny’s car! Hours are M-F 8a-6p and position starts ASAP
Part-Time (requires 1 year commitment)
1) Part-time nanny needed for new baby and very active toddler! Hours are about 20-25/wk in the morning. For ex. 9a-1p or 8a-12p, even 10a-2p. Family is flexible and parents are seeking someone who has a lot of newborn experience! This position is located in South City and can start ASAP!
After-school – flexible commitment
1) Wildwood family is seeking energetic after school nanny to help with their three children, ages 2, 5, and 6! They need someone to help run errands, help with children’s homework, and prepare meals. Hours are Monday through Friday, 3pm-8pm. Position starts ASAP!
2) Family in Ladue seeking an afternoon nanny for two children. Hours are 2:30p-6:30p M-F. Must be very loving, patient and have a great driving record. Starts ASAP!
TLC for Kids helps St. Louis and Southern Florida families find permanent nannies. At this time of the year we often hear from nannies with questions about taxes. If you are a nanny and haven’t received a W-2 from your employer, here are a few things you can do:
1. Ask the family if they’ve prepared your W-2 and when you can expect it. It’s entirely possible that the family got busy and completely forgot to prepare your W-2, or they didn’t realize the deadline was January 31. Also, if you recently moved and didn’t update the family with your new address, they could have mailed it to the wrong place.
2. If you discover the family isn’t going to provide a Form W-2 because they didn’t withhold or pay taxes last year, remind them that failing to handle the “nanny tax” obligations is extremely risky (felony tax evasion with expensive penalties) and denies you several important benefits. They may think that nanny taxes will be very expensive, so it’s worth letting them know that tax breaks for childcare expenses can offset most – if not all – of their employer tax costs.
3. Don’t accept a Form 1099 from the family in place of a W-2. This form is for independent contractors only. This is important to you financially because independent contractors have to pay the entire FICA tax liability (15.3%) whereas employees only have to pay half (7.65%). For a caregiver making $30,000 per year, that’s a difference of $2,295! It not only hurts your pocketbook, it’s also risky for the family. The IRS has ruled definitively that nannies should be classified as employees and families that misclassify their employee as an independent contractor are subject to tax evasion charges.
4. If the family simply refuses to give you a W-2 prior to the April 15 tax reporting deadline, you’ll be forced to file Form 4852, which is the substitute for Form W-2. Filing this form can trigger an audit for the family, but as a last resort, it’s the only way to legally report your income to the IRS. The form and instructions for filing it are available here.
Thank you Regardingnannies.com and Stephanie Breedlove for sharing this helpful information.
Are you celebrating Valentine’s Day in Miami this year?
TLC for Kids Miami has professionally screened, warm, nurturing, mature caregivers carefully selected specifically for their experience, reliability and commitment to quality childcare.
It’s not to late to reserve your babysitter for this weekend. If you are staying at a hotel on Miami Beach, Downtown Miami or, in Fort Lauderdale visit our website and complete the Hotel Registration Form today!
Still making plans for your Sweetheart?
It’s not too late!
If you have plans to go to dinner, a movie or a hot night out on the town in South Beach call TLC for Kids. Our sitters are reliable and screened.
Call TLC for Kids today to reserve your sitter while we still have sitters available.
St. Louis: 314.725.5660 South Florida: 305.256.5905
It’s been a cold winter for most of us; a VERY cold and SNOWY winter! And according to Punxsutawney Phil we will have six more weeks of winter. Most likely that means more school cancellations.
If your child’s school cancels or calls a late start and you need to get to work call TLC for Kids. Our back-up childcare service can help!
Are your kids (and you!) going stir crazy with all these cold days? I know we are at my house 🙂
If there is snow on the ground and it’s too cold to play outside here are some ideas for fun indoor activities:
1. Have a game day! Each member of the family can choose a game to play. Remember it doesn’t have to be games where you sit down. Play charades, make an obstacle course, or play Twister. You can still be active when you are stuck inside.
2. Do science experiments. At my house we brought the snow inside to see how long it takes to melt. The kids drew pictures of the snow as it was melting. Will the snow melt faster in a sunny spot? How much water comes from one full cup of snow? Your little scientists will enjoy discovering the answers.
For more fun snow day ideas visit the TLC for Kids Pinterst Board!