Halloween is just a few days away!
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests to keep these safety tips in mind when trick or treating this year.
1. If your costume comes with accessories like a sword, cane or stick make sure it’s not sharp and that your little one knows the proper way to carry it.
2. Try to plan costumes that are bright and reflective so that they can be seen in the dark.
3. Keep the costume off the ground so no one trips on it.
1. Send your children out with a full stomach. They will be less likely to eat all that sugar if they had a healthy dinner.
2. Make sure all the candy is wrapped and safe to eat.
3. Once home go through all the treats to make sure everything looks safe and is clear of any potential allergens.
On the Trick or Treat Trail
1. Young children should always be accompanied by an adult .
2. If your older children are going out with friends plan the route they can go on and set a time that they need to be back home.
3. Only visit homes with a porch light turned on and never go inside the home.
4. Walk on well lit streets and use sidewalks whenever possible. If they street doesn’t have sidewalks walk along the edge of the street.
Have fun trick or treating and don’t forget to share your photos with us!