TLC For Kids Miami is so excited to be at the Green Baby Fair in Miami this weekend.
If you are looking for a nanny in Miami swing by our booth and talk to us. We also have screened Miami babysitters who will come to your home. If you can’t make it Saturday call us at (305) 256-5905.
Here are a few green activities for caregivers to do with kids:
1. Encourage walking, biking and public transit with the kids which can be much more of an adventure than driving.
2. Have the sitter make a poster of a big pile of plastic water bottles with the kids. Every time they find one to recycle, the kids can erase it from the pile… It teaches them to know how wasteful a simple thing as a water bottle can be.
3. Encourage [green] behavior by involving the kids and nanny in a garden. No matter how big or small, a simple pot could grow a tomato plant
4. Start a compost pile. Keeping your food scraps and composting them is a great way to keep your trash “foot print” small.
5. Recycle water. Put a rain barrel outside to collect the rain water. Your kids and nanny can use the recycled water for your garden.
6. Use old cardboard cut into pieces and cardboard rolls to make roads and tunnels for toy cars, trains or people.