What should I ask when I interview a nanny?
I have noticed that lately many parents are asking which questions are appropriate to ask when interviewing a nanny for a permanent position. Whether full-time or part time, TLC for Kids recommends first asking work related questions:
* Why do you want to be a nanny?
* What length of stay or commitment are you looking for?
* What childcare jobs have you held?
* What was your last job? Tell me about what you did.
* How long were you there?
* Why did you leave your last position?
* Tell me about your childcare experience?
* What are your strong points when working with children?
* What do you feel are the most important characteristics in a nanny?
* How do you react when you are upset with a child?
* How would you help my children learn?
* What characteristics are you looking for in a family?
* How do you feel about combining housework with childcare?
* What difficulties have you faced and how did you resolve them?
* What are your salary and benefit requirements?
* Ask for childcare employers’ references.
Stay tuned for Childcare related questions to ask! Also, I am always interested in St. Louis’ families who have different questions that they feel are important.
Good luck, and I welcome your feedback too!
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.